Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's contagious!

So the other day, I was sitting around crocheting an edge onto a sweater. Just the really simple crochet chain stitch, or whatever they call it. I don't really actually know how to crochet; I just learned enough to do this to stabilize some edges on my knitting. Looking through the huge-ass needleworks book that's the most useful present I've ever received, the Limey, who was just around to drop off some of my stuff, have a cup of tea, then go home to nurse his cold, sees the crochet section and says, hey, this looks cool and pretty easy- just one needle! Could he borrow my crochet hook? So I give him the (my only) hook and the book open to the crochet section. Two hours, the whole mug of tea and some cake later, he's still sitting around trying to get it right! Eventually he left, but not without taking the crochet hook and some practice yarn with him. The next day, he tells me he was up 'til the wee hours of the morning trying to get this crochet thing down. Then, yesterday while I was browsing the library for knitting books, I come across the Crochet Stitch Bible, which I show the Limey, who immediately insists that I check it out for him.

This morning, he announces that he has mastered the chain stitch, the single and double crochet stitches.

Ha! I should start warning all my co-workers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for the brit! before you know it you'll be drowning in pot holders.

王美安 said...

So what will his first crochet project be?

王美安 said...

Which is better, holding the yarn in your left hand or in your right hand?

What are you doing these days?

Knitting and being a homebody?