Monday, March 24, 2008

Sorry.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the Synergy Cardigan. I love it too and it's nice when other people agree with you!

Thanks especially to those who liked it enough to ask for a pattern, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be writing one up. Two reasons: 1) I'd have to figure out how I actually did the puffy sleeves, and then grade it for all the sizes, which I'm too lazy at the moment to do; and 2) I'm not sure I can legally use that cable pattern. Hana Jason deserves all the kudos she's been given for that ingenious design. I don't know who, if anyone, owns the copyright to that cable and chart, and I would be uncomfortable stepping on any knitter's toes.

With that said, if you own a copy of the Winter '07/'08 Interweave Knits, you can easily insert that cable into a plain cardigan pattern. If you want the puffy sleeves, find a cardigan pattern with the sleeves you want and insert the cable into that. I do have my notes on this pattern in my knitting notebook, so if you're stuck on something, I'm happy to help a fellow knitter out.

No comments: