Thursday, November 20, 2008

Squeee!

Just about to start packing to go for a visit to the US, for the first time in two years. The last time was right after The Limey and I got married.

Not only is it a long-awaited visit home to San Francisco, but it will also be a 3-state tour. We're seeing some of my old, old friends in Seattle and Portland before we fly down to SF.

I'm really excited because my group of college friends used to have these awesome, really fun Thanksgiving dinners, and I haven't made it to one for four years- ever since I moved out of the country. I timed this visit especially so I'd be in Portland for Turkey Day.

Besides that, I haven't seen these friends in nearly three years. Most of them, therefore, haven't even met The Limey. I have instructed them to queue up beer for him to try, because I'm sick of the crappy reputation American beers have over here. Miller and Budweiser are not representative when you have all the craft and microbreweries of the Pacific Northwest!

4 comments:

jacqueline said...

USED to have awesome thanksgivings?!?! Dude, we never stopped! You've just been missing 'em!

Can't wait to see you, and to pour good Pacific NW microbrews down the Limey's throat...

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Have a super trip!

soknitpicky said...

Have a wonderful trip! BTW, I went to Seattle for the first time this summer. *Loved it!* And I loved the Little Knits store there

Anonymous said...

I hope you´re enjoying your trip back home and seeing all friends. Maybe it will also bring more inspiration for cool designs! Have fun!