Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I must be ill

Work is sending me to a conference next week.

In Crete.

Normally, I would be all over something like this, but I really don't want to go.

It's been getting colder and darker earlier. For other people, this means it's the perfect time to go off to a Mediterranean island, but it makes me really want to just hunker down and ensconce myself at home. I want to wrap myself up in the furry blanket The Limey's grandmother gave us and drink hot chocolate. I don't want to have to do the work of travelling.

Well, it doesn't matter, I guess, 'cause I'm going.

(Got that passport just in time, no?)

2 comments:

Lien said...

Hey I know what you mean. I had a work function which I normally enjoy for the free food and booze - generally at a rather swanky location. But last Friday, all I wanted to do was hail a cab and go home after the first course. Try to have fun anyway! You'll be in Greece!!

Anonymous said...

Crete is loooooovely! The food is really, really delicious. You *will* have fun, I promise!