Saturday, March 27, 2010

Better late than never...right?

A month after the Olympics finished, I've got my Ravelympics project back to the stage it was at during that final hockey game.


Because some hand-dyed yarns naturally have some colour variation between skeins, I'm alternating skeins as I knit. Since I know the Arachne Cardigan in my size will take three skeins of the Fyberspates Scrumptious 4-ply, I'm covering all my bases by alternating between all three skeins.

Alternating between three skeins of yarn is fine when I'm kniting back and forth, but it becomes slightly weird when in the round, which is how the sleeves will be knit. To keep things as simple as possible, I'd love to do them on dpns, but I don't have 3.5mm dpns, so I'll have to wrestle with magic looping them. We'll see. I may very well give up at some point and order the dpns.

It looks all wrinkly and scrunched up, but this yarn blocks beautifully. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

It's looking good so far!
The colour looks great.
I must try some Fyberspates yarn soon, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe there'll be a stall at Knit Nation & I can indulge :)