Saturday, December 15, 2007

And the rude Secret Santa goes to...

Thanks for all the Secret Santa ideas, everyone. The prize goes to Heidi. I'd seen the "Don'ts For Wives" book, first published in 1913, a few weeks ago, and saw it again at Borders at the last Soton knitting group meeting, so that's what I got CEO's wife. I labeled it with Mrs. CEO'sFirstName CEO'sLastName, which put her off right away. I think she was offended (rude? check.) and wasn't that fond of the book, either. Heh. But other people had a great time reading and laughing at it, so it wasn't wasted.

The Christmas party was last night and was great fun. The Limey took the train down after his work's Christmas do, which was in the afternoon. Of course we missed the last train home, but numerous people offered us a bed or a floor, so we crashed at a colleague's house. It felt like home because they had a bad-tempered cat as well. We got home this morning and our cat wasn't all that excited about not having been fed for a day.

Two more days of work, and then I can sit around for a couple weeks. Whew.

2 comments:

jacqueline said...

good job! I've actually got a white elephant gift exchange on Wednesday now (announced by my section manager end-of-last week) that I'm brainstorming over.

Now, it's not a rude or naughty gift exchange (the benefit of being in the UK I'm supposing, whose citizens have an advanced appreciation of things that make people uncomfortable), it just needs to be silly and useless in my case.

decisions decisions....

Heidirific said...

Glad that people got a kick out of the book. It caused a lot of laugther at out gift exchange as well. We gave both the don't for wives and husbands to a couple witha good sense of humour. :) The future mother-in-law laughed quite a bit at the don't for wives, especially some of the descriptions of men. :)