Monday, January 19, 2009

Yay me.

...doing little self-congratulatory happy dance...

So that second gripe in the last post about a design not working out? Today I took a good hard look at the pattern I wanted to use. I tiled the repeats together in Excel (well, Open's Office's Calc) so that I could see the whole pattern easily, then thought, well, hell, there's no need to follow Ms Walker's every last stitch, is there? So I took stock of what features I really wanted, took away those that, though nice, were not necessary, made the whole repeat smaller, simplified it, pared it down, and I've now got two possibilities charted out. Both will allow for *much* easier size grading, and are easier to understand and knit, to boot.

...does more dancing...

(Cat's now looking at me strangely.)

Of course, the proof will be in the pudding...er, swatching, but one of the possibilities will work.

3 comments:

Woolly Stuff said...

Hey, I used your short row method for shaping a neckline, and it worked like a dream! So, yay you again.

A Knitting Junkie said...

So glad you have it worked out!
I am a firm believer in paring down stitch patterns.
You go girl!
Hugs...Anita

Dawn said...

Go Lien!!!!! I have to say...miss you on Thurs nights.