Friday, May 18, 2007

At least I'm trying

So the computery company with the consultancy job said no. At least they got back to me with the "no" pretty quickly. I asked why, and their HR person (by the way, their recruitment offices for Irish positions is in Hungary; bizarre) replied with a description of what the hiring manager was looking for. Which is completely different from what the ad asked for. So different that I double-checked to make sure I'd applied for the correct job. I had, so my guess is they really need someone else to write their job ads. Unless I'm totally and completely mis-reading ads? Self-delusion is pretty powerful, I guess.

My goal this week was to apply for one job a day. Which I was totally able to do. The whole process is just so tedious and demoralizing that I'm quite proud of myself for being able to do it.

I'd applied to a big company in the UK on Wednesday, and they called me yesterday to ask if I had permission to work in the UK. They called while I was on the DART (coming back from meeting Jackie at This Is Knit and chatting with the lovely proprietors there), so it was rumbly and loud. I kept having to ask her to repeat herself. I must have sounded like a right eejit. Not the best impression.

No comments: