Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm officially old

I didn't have that much of a problem with turning 30 last month. I'm still living in my student-y lifestyle, so the Big 3-0 was not accompanied by much angst or panic. Until today.

I was flipping through the monthly Irish Film Institute schedule. It's a great place- my preferred theatre to spend film-related money. They show new artsy and foreign films, as well as old classics, usually in mini-film festival blocks. Well, this time, a showing of "Kiss Me, Kate" caught my eye. I got really excited, 'cause I've only seen it done at the university theatre level in Seattle, and it was great. I may have let out a little squeal.

Then I read on, and realized this was their selection for their "Wild Strawberries" group: a "film club for older people". So there you have it: I'm officially old. (Housemate said that I would totally fit in there if I went in with my knitting.)

No comments: