Friday, March 02, 2007

So close!

Pub quiz last night. We had a large-ish team, and came in second, tied with a couple other groups. But only two points behind the winners! And I blame myself for those two points, honestly. We lost two points in the very first round, and they were both my fault.

The first question: who headed the investigation into the Clinton and Lewinsky affair (pun not intended...sort of)? For some reason, Ken Lay popped into my head, so I wrote that down, but even as I was writing it, I knew it was wrong, but close!, and I could not for the life of me remember if that was the actual name.

The second question: what colour shirts did Italy's fascists wear in the WWII era? I was sure it was brown. I wrote "brown". The Limey said, Weren't they black? I said, No, definitely brown. And another member of the team said, Yeah, they were brown. But, no, of course not, they were black.

So close! So close!

No comments: